Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, face masks have been worn to stop the spread of the virus but as the Omicron wave causes word-wide turmoil, there are calls to re-assess the efficiency of specific mask types.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently updated their information regarding specific masks to include the following points on N95 / P2 respirators;
· When worn consistently and properly, they provide the highest level of protection from particles, including the virus that causes COVID-19. Additionally, they contain your respiratory droplets and particles so you do not expose others.
· They seal tightly to your face when fitted properly.
· They filter at least 95% of particles in the air when approved by NIOSH and when you have a proper fit.
In this episode of The World Today, Brisbane scientist Jeremy Howard recommends the use of N95 / P2 masks. He states his concern regarding current mandates, explaining that the aerosol particles are making it past the surgical / cloth masks most people are currently wearing.
We have recently begun stocking boxes of AgBoss P2 Masks, these boxes contain 10 masks and are currently available for $28.50 in-store.Our P2 Masks offer the following features;
- Easy to Use
- Internal Nose Pad
- Large filtering surface area
- Soft non latex straps
- Traditional cup shape
- Meet Australian Standards AS/NZS 1716:2012
We also have a range of safety eye-wear available to avoid airborne particles entering via your eyes.
You will find us conveniently located at 155 William Street, Beverley, South Australia.